Class of 2023
Welcome new Troubies! We are so excited to have you join us. It’s going to be a fun and rewarding four years together.
Auditions for Performing Arts Courses and Clubs
If you are interested in acting, choir, dance, orchestra, hula, or show choir, be sure to check out the for important dates. Auditions begin as early as February 25th for Dance and go as late as May 3rd for Hula.
Dance Auditions 2019: Please complete this form.
St. Francis offers incoming freshmen optional challenge tests in Math and Foreign and Classical Languages. Freshmen wishing to take Integrated Math 1 or a first-year Language class do NOT need to take a challenge test.
Here are the guidelines for the challenge tests:
- If you wish to take Integrated Math 1 as a freshman, no math testing is necessary. Nearly half of the 2023 class will take Integrated Math 1 in their freshman year.
- If you are currently taking Algebra and would like to take Geometry as a freshman, you will need to take the Geometry challenge test. The Geometry challenge test is sixty minutes long and calculators are not permitted.
- If you are currently taking Integrated Math 1, you will need to take the Integrated Math 2 challenge test. The Integrated Math 2 challenge test is sixty minutes long and calculators are not permitted.
- If you are currently taking Geometry or Integrated Math 2 and would like to take Integrated Math 3 as a freshman, you will need to take the Integrated Math 3 challenge test. The Integrated Math 3 challenge test is ninety minutes long and calculators are permitted.
- If you are currently taking Integrated Math 3 and would like to take Honors Pre-Calculus as a freshman, you will need to take the Pre-Calculus challenge test. The Pre-Calculus challenge test is ninety minutes long and calculators are permitted.
MODERN & CLASSICAL LANGUAGES
If you would like to place into a second-year language program, you will need to take the optional foreign language challenge test. Challenge tests are available for French, Italian, and Spanish. If you are an advanced Latin student who would like to place into second-year Latin, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Challenge Test Dates: Saturday, March 2, 2019 9:00 am – 12:00 pm and Tuesday, March 5, 2019 3:30 – 6:00 pm
The Class of 2023 challenge test form has been closed. If you would like to sign up for a Class of 2023 Challenge test, please email email@example.com or call (916) 737-5022.
Freshman Registration Night: March 13, 2019
5:00 -7:15 pm
Registration Night for the St. Francis High School Class of 2023 will be held on Wednesday, March 13, 2019. The schedule is as follows:
5:00 pm – 5:50 pm
Check-in in gym lobby to get packet with freshman scheduling worksheet + more; teachers and staff available to answer questions in gym.
6:00 pm – 6:25 pm
Class of 2023 Troubie Welcome in gym
6:30 pm – 7:15 pm
Breakout sessions with Guidance department to get an overview of academic planning and complete the freshman scheduling worksheet.
What happens at Registration Night? FUN! You will meet your fellow Class of 2023 Troubie sisters and get to know each other a bit. You’ll also pick up your registration packet and complete the Freshman Scheduling Worksheet to request the foreign language, PE, and electives you would like to take. If you have taken Math or Foreign Language challenge tests or auditioned for an arts elective, your placement will be recorded on your worksheet.
Who will be at Registration Night? Staff members from the following departments will be on hand to answer your questions from 5:00 pm to 5:50 pm:
- Guidance and Academic Support
- Modern & Classical Languages (French, Italian, Latin, and Spanish)
- Electives (Ministry Leadership, Technology, Visual and Performing Arts, Health)
- Math and Science Department faculty
- Academic Teams
- Student Activities (leadership and clubs)
What about uniforms? We have a special night for new Troubies to purchase their uniform items. Thursday, March 28, 2019 from 3:30 to 7:30 pm we will have uniform sales and blazer orders. We will also be hosting a used uniform sale later in the spring.
What if I can’t make Registration Night? If you cannot make it to Registration Night please contact the Admissions department at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will make arrangements to complete the Freshman Scheduling Worksheet after March 13th.
What about Freshman Parents? Of course we want all Class of 2023 parents to join us! You’ll hear important information about scheduling classes, meet with teachers and coaches, and meet fellow new Troubie parents.
We will also have Livescan fingerprinting services available in case you’d like to complete your fingerprinting to be eligible to volunteer at St. Francis. Already been fingerprinted through the Diocese? Complete the to have your fingerprints shared with SFHS.
Freshman Student Leadership
Class of 2023, join the Freshman Student Council! Selection is based on interviews and group team building activities held with a panel of St. Francis staff and students representing the Associated Student Body at SFHS. Positions include President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer, Spirit Coordinator, Historian, and Ministry Coordinator.
The St. Francis Student Council, comprised of Student Body Officers and Class Officers, works to promote unity among students and provide a variety of activities that enhance the development of St. Francis students and are consistent with the school’s philosophy. Student council members act as representatives of their classmates in all student issues.
CLASS OF 2023 STUDENT COUNCIL PROCESS
Complete the online application found in this GOOGLE FORM. Submit your Google Slide Presentation at the bottom of your application following these guidelines:
- Include three pictures of you – one of these photos must be your most recent school photo.
- State why you are running for Student Class Office.
- Explain what experience you have that will help you be an effective school leader.
- List which clubs/sports/activities you have been involved in while at your current school and which ones you plan to participate in next year at St. Francis High School.
- Use three words or phrases that describe you and an explanation of why they make you an excellent candidate for Student Council.
- State why you are excited to be a part of SFHS.
CLASS OF 2023 STUDENT COUNCIL TIMELINE
- Wednesday, May 1, 2019 – All freshman council applications, including Google Slide Presentations, are due by 4:00 pm.
- Thursday, June 13, 1:30 – 4:30 pm OR Thursday, June 20, 1:30 – 4:30 pm: Interviews for freshman class council candidates. You will be choose your interview date on the Google form.
Interview: Freshman Student Council selection will be based on interviews and group team building activities held with a panel of staff and students representing the Associated Student Body at SFHS. These interviews will take place on one of two days (your choice): June 13 or June 20, 2018 from 1:30 pm to 4:30 pm.
- Tuesday, August 6, 2019: Mark your calendar! There will be an all-day mandatory workshop for all student council members.
Freshman Overnight Retreat & Orientation
Freshman Overnight Retreat: August 9, 2019
Please join us the evening of Friday, August 9th for our Freshman Family Mass and Overnight Retreat. All incoming freshmen and their families are invited to celebrate Mass, meet fellow classmates and Big Sisters, and kick off our retreat. Following Mass, families will say their goodbyes as the Class of 2023 gathers for dinner and a fun-filled evening of games, music, and information sessions on what it means to be a Troubie. Students will also be selecting their class mascot and getting to know their Big Sisters. The retreat concludes Saturday morning, August 10th with prayer and a grab and go breakfast.
Freshman Orientation: August 13, 2019
All Class of 2023 Troubies are invited to an information-filled morning that will provide all of the basics to help students navigate their first day of school. Meet your Homeroom teacher, tour campus, see your new locker, and get all of your questions answered during this half-day orientation that is sure to prepare you for your first day of school. All freshmen will be taking their ID photos, so please wear your school skirt with the red St. Francis uniform polo shirt. Additional details will be coming in July. We are looking forward to this exciting morning on campus to kick-off the upcoming start of the new school year!