2017 Track and Field Highlights
- The St. Francis track and field team posted eight top-10 finishes and advanced nine competitors to the finals at the Sac-Joaquin Section Finals. The Troubadours top finishers were the 4×100-meter relay and freshman Isabella Palchak in the high jump, garnering fourth-place finishes.
- St. Francis finished third at the Sac-Joaquin Section Championships and the Troubadours advanced in eight individual events and both relays to Masters.
- St. Francis finished second to Davis for the overall girls Delta League title 184-115 in the team race. Junior Sydney Vandegrift won the 3200 meters to earn All-Delta League honors.
- The Troubadours broke five school records during the season including Meaghan Rogers in the 60 meters, Elizabeth Hennessy in the 300m and 400m hurdles and three relays. School Records: Meaghan Rogers – 60m 8.22; Elizabeth Hennessy – 300m Hurdles 30″ – 43.79; Elizabeth Hennessy – 400m Hurdles 30″ – 1:03.88; Sophie DeBenedetti, Kathryn Kramer, Noelle Lynch, Haley Silva - 4×800m Relay – 9:30.92; Sophie DeBenedetti, Kathryn Kramer, Noelle Lynch, Sydney Vandegrift – 4×1600m Relay – 21:11.79; Sophie DeBenedetti, Kathryn Kramer, Noelle Lynch, Sydney Vandegrift – DMR 1200-400-800-1600m – 12:14.96.
- Three freshmen school marks were reset: Taylor Earle – 300m - 47.40; High Jump – Isabella Palchak – 5′0″; Pole Vault – Meghan Ladd – 11′0″.
- Three sophomore school marks were reset: Isabelle Grassel - 60m – 8.55; Kathryn Kramer – 300m – 45.45; Serena Shimada – 100m Hurdles 33″ – 15.42;
- Vandegrift set new junior class record in the 1600m, mile and
Sydney Vandegrift – 1600m – 4:59.50; Sydney Vandegrift – 1 mile – 5:03.08; Sydney Vandegrift – 3200m – 10:32.12.
- Led by a school record in the 4×1600-meter relay , SF was well represented at the Arcadia Invitational. The 4×1600-meter relay reset the record set last season of 22:28.11 by Sophie DeBenedetti, Alana Reyna, Gabrielle Dyer and Chase Worthen. DeBenedetti paired with Kathryn Kramer, Noelle Lynch and Sydney Vandegrift to win the race in 21:11.79.
- Two school records were set at the Stanford Invitational led by Hennessy’s record in the 400m hurdles and the Distance Medley Relay.
- Five student-athletes will continue their careers in college: Hennessy (UC-San Diego, Allie Lourim (UC-Santa Cruz) and Rogers (American River College)
- 4×100-meter relay – 4. St. Francis (Elizabeth Hennessy, Meaghan Rogers, Alyssa Shebert, Isabelle Grassel), 48.08
- 100 Meters – 7. Meaghan Rogers, 12.52
- 800 Meters – 6. Sophie DeBenedetti, 2:19.29; 9. Noelle Lynch, 2:20.42.
- 300m Hurdles – 6. Elizabeth Hennessy, 44.96
- 3200 – 7. Sydney Vandegrift, 10:58.05.
- Long Jump – 11. Isabelle Grassel, 17-00.25
- Pole Vault – 6. Meghan Ladd, 10-7
- High Jump – 4. Isabella Palchak, 5-1.
All-Delta League Selections
- Sydney Vandegrift (3200)
River Cats All-City Team
- Elizabeth Hennessy
- Kathryn Kramer
- Megan Ladd
- Meaghan Rogers
- Sydney Vandegrift