Parking & Drop-off Protocol
Parent & Student Drivers, Please Read:
We ask that you familiarize yourselves with the regular school year drop off and pick up procedures. It is very important for everyone to read, study the maps and follow the procedures. Morning will be similar to summer, however, all students must be dropped off after the brick wall closer to the gym. The afternoon is a completely different traffic pattern, please review below. Thank you for all of your assistance, Dean Cost
Afternoon pick up procedures
The Main Entrance to campus will be closed at 2:50 pm to all parent traffic, and may not be used during the afternoon pick up time. Students with afternoon appointments must leave campus by 2:45pm in order for the SFHS parking personnel to work. Parents dropping off items prior to 3:15 pm, will have to come through via the cell phone lot procedures.
All parent drivers picking up students after school must use the cell phone parking area (old Armory parking lots) to wait for their student to call.
- The Elvas Gate (student driver entrance) will be closed for afternoon pick up. Parents will still use the Elvas entrance to enter onto Frontage Road to the cell phone parking lot area (old Armory parking lot).
- Drivers may park and wait in the cell phone lot starting at 2:30pm, Monday-Friday (or 30 minutes before class gets out) .
- When turning into the Elvas Gate entrance from J street, it will be a right turn into the driveway and an immediate right turn onto the Frontage Road (almost a u-turn). You will not enter through the gate.
- When turning into the lot from Elvas Avenue, it will be a left turn into the driveway and a slight right turn onto the Frontage Road. You will not enter through the gate.
- The entrance to the pick up zones will not open until 3:00pm. Please do not stack up in line until your daughter actually calls you.
- Drivers may pick up their student in front of the gym building only after the student has called saying she is ready for pickup or after 3:15 pm.
- Drivers whose students are not immediately available for pick up will be asked to exit the lanes and return to the cell phone lot until student is available. Please do NOT hold up traffic if your daughter is not immediately available.
- Drivers will need to pull as far forward towards the gym building as possible before having student/s enter the vehicle.
- Students may only exit school via the gym doors, and must stay lower than the yellow stripe/brick wall.
- NO waiting or parking in the pick up lanes in front of the school (except as caused by stop light cycles).
- NO pick up prior to the yellow stripe/brick wall.
- NO pick up of students or driving in student parking lot areas.
- NO pick up of students in the cell phone lot.
- NO parking in the visitor spaces in front of the school
- NO pick up on M Street or in any of the surrounding neighborhoods. We have a contractual agreement with the neighbors not to use these areas and students will receive Saturday school for violations.
- NO lane switching once you are in an established lane. Crossing over stalls all traffic behind the driver.
- NO speeding, the speed limit for the SFHS parking and driving areas is 5 mph.
- Any student or driver not abiding by the rules will cause the student to receive detention or additional disciplinary consequence.
- Drivers may NOT EXIT through the Elvas Gate onto Elvas Avenue in the afternoon (this is now a student/parent entrance only), drivers must use the Main Entrance to exit the lot.
- Drivers may exit from the Main Entrance and turn right onto Elvas Avenue (at the light).
- Drivers must use the third lane in front of the main buildings in order to exit and turn left at the light (near gym). Student drivers are not allowed in the first two parent lanes.
Morning Drop-Off Procedures
- Plan on having your student on campus at least 15-20 minutes prior to the start of school. The longest drop off traffic delays are from 7:40am-8:00am.
- Pull as far forward towards the gym before having your student exit the vehicle.
- Your student should have all items with her, and be ready to unload from the vehicle. Please do not have items in the trunk as this delays exiting of the vehicle.
- Students should open the car door slowly, and always look both ways to check for other vehicles or safety concerns.
- Students will only enter campus via the GYM doors.
- NO drop off from the visitor parking spaces.
- NO switching drivers.
- NO drop off prior to the yellow stripe/brick wall.
- NO drop off inside the student parking lot.
- NO drop off in the cell phone lot.
- NO drop off on M Street or in any of the surrounding neighborhoods. We have a contractual agreement with the neighbors not to use these areas.
- Any student or driver not abiding by the rules will cause the student to receive Saturday school for violations
- Drivers will use the Main Entrance or Elvas Gate for entrance only.
- NO exiting via the Elvas Gate entrance.
- The main entrance gates leading into the student lot will close at 7:40am each day.
- Drivers arriving after 7:40am must use the Elvas Gate entrance.
- Drivers may not use the call box to access gate openings to enter the main parking lot between 7:40am and 8:00am.
- Drivers arriving after 8:00am, may use the call box to contact the front office for entry.
- These times will be adjusted for late start and special schedules.
- Drivers without permits may not park in any St. Francis lot.
- Drivers found to be parking on M street or surrounding neighborhoods will receive Saturday school for violations