Reminder for Basic Care of Chromebooks
Please share the following tips with your daughter(s):
- Keep track of the device and charger at all times, and do not leave either unattended or unsupervised.
- Please do not leave your Chromebook/backpack in plain sight inside your parked car.
- Report loss or theft to Administration and the Technology Department immediately.
- Bring the Chromebook to class fully charged every day. It is an essential component of daily academic work.
- Use only the provided charger for charging the Chromebook.
- Do not place your Chromebook on uneven surfaces, where it could potentially fall.
- Do not leave your Chromebook on the floor, where it may be stepped on.
- Keep food and drink away from the Chromebook at all times.
- Keep the Chromebook in a protective case when it is not being used.
- Ensure the Chromebook is protected and secured when transporting, especially the screen side.
- Do not throw or drop your backpack with your Chromebook in it. This is negligence, and your insurance will not cover it.
- Do not leave your Chromebook in the car, exposing it to extreme heat or cold.
- Do not rest any objects on top of the Chromebook.
- Never lift the Chromebook by the screen or carry it with the screen open.
- Lift from the center of the lid when opening the device. Do not pull it open by grabbing one side.
- Clean the screen only with a soft, dry, microfiber cloth or anti-static cloth. Never use alcohol-based products on the screen.
- Do not remove the asset tag or in any way obscure the serial number of the device.