Top Ten Tips: Finally – A Study Guide For Taking Finals!
Resource Outreach: Mrs. Biller, Resource Specialist
How to Study for Finals
- Analyze your knowledge of the subject matter using syllabi. Annotate learning objectives using (1) “I Know This!”, (2) “I Need to Review This!”, or (3) “I Need to Learn This!”.
- Get tutoring for all “I Need to Learn This!” concepts.
- Create folders in the Google Drive for each subject. Move PowerPoints into folders for easy review.
- Create folders of Quizlets for each subject.
- Analyze study guides. Prepare for rote memorization with Quizlets, writing to prompts with graphic organizers, formulas, and diagrams with models.
- Use dual streaming for memorization: pair visual with auditory.
- Lead a study group. Assign each member a critical concept to teach.
- Control physical factors: eat nutritious food, limit caffeine and sugar, hydrate, and do not sacrifice sleep for study, .
- Create a finals study schedule. Study easy subjects before challenging. Do not use social media prior to or during study.
- Apply test taking strategies - Test Taking Tips.
YOU will succeed! If you feel you need support to succeed, see Mrs. Biller in Room 314.