Diocesan Requirements for Volunteers
All parents who serve as volunteers at St. Francis High School are required to comply with the following Diocesan Requirements.
Fingerprinting Clearance on file with the Diocese and reported to SFHS. Because of California state law and to ensure the safety of our students, St. Francis upholds the diocesan policy that no adult may participate as a volunteer on campus or working directly with students unless the adult has Live Scan fingerprint clearance through the California District Attorney’s Office on file with the Diocese.
- Find locations that provide Live Scan service and print out a
- If you have already submitted fingerprint clearance to another school in the Sacramento Diocese, you must transfer the clearance to St. Francis by completing the Request for Fingerprinting and/or Safe Haven Records and submitting it to the St. Francis office.
- More information about the Fingerprinting Requirement
Safe Haven Training (formerly Shield the Vulnerable)
Completion of an online training program entitled “Safe Haven”.
- It is a 3 part video series with 3 short quizzes at the end of each video. The entire training takes about an hour to complete, which includes acknowledgement of our diocesan policies.
- The training is still to be completed every 3 years. Individuals who are current with their Shield the Vulnerable training will be current with the Safe Haven training.
- Any volunteers or employees who need to initially train or renew are to use Safe Haven.
Safe Haven Instructions:
- The link for training is: https://sacramento-schools.cmgconnect.org/
- Submit a copy of the certificate to SFHS Dean of Students, 5900 Elvas Avenue, Sacramento, CA 95819.
Volunteer Driver Requirements
Submit only if and when requested to do so by SFHS personnel.
Due to liability concerns, Diocesan policy states that parent volunteer hours may not be earned by driving students to activities.
All volunteer drivers must comply with the requirements listed below:
- Drivers must comply with all volunteer requirements listed on the Parent Volunteering sheet: Fingerprinting, Safe Haven training, MVP Account, and submission of Driver Information Sheet.
- Drivers must be 25 years of age or older.
- Drivers must have a good driving history and must provide St. Francis High School with a copy of a valid, unrestricted driver’s license. Drivers may be subject to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
- The vehicle must have a valid and current registration and license plates.
- The vehicle must be insured for $100,000 per person/$300,000 per accident limit of liability for bodily injury; $50,000 for property damage; $5,000 per person medical; and $100,000 uninsured motorist insurance.
- The vehicle must be equipped with working seat belts for the driver and every passenger transported. The driver and passenger(s) must use seat belts properly.
- No more than 9 persons, including the driver, may be transported in a private vehicle.
- The driver shall observe all state driving regulations.
- Drivers shall follow route directions, caravan, or other directions issued by the coach, teacher or adult in charge of the group.
- The driver, or a passenger in the vehicle, is encouraged to carry a cell phone and the number of the school in case of an emergency.