Welcome Parents from Epicurean 2019-2020
Greetings St. Francis High School Parents, Students, and Community
We hope you and your family are enjoying a restful summer!
We’d like to introduce ourselves to you – Epicurean Group, the team behind the meals your students enjoy at St. Francis High School. Epicurean Group is dedicated to serving your student, school and the community.
We at Epicurean Group are committed to: sourcing seasonal, local, organic fruits and vegetables while preparing delicious food that will nourish your student’s body and mind.
Below are a few highlights that make our food taste better and make it more nutritious for your children and are reflective of feedback we received from our valued clients locally.
- We cook from scratch – all stocks, dressings, and sauces are made in-house – nothing comes from cans. Our cold cuts are roasted in house and are antibiotic, hormone and preservative free
- All our café produce comes from farms right here in the Sacramento Area within 150 miles of your school. We partner with local growers and artisan producers We always incorporate organic produce from local farms throughout the Sacramento Area.
- All meat, poultry and eggs will be sourced from local farms and ranches that have met our high standards. We choose to source only the most sustainable grass-fed beef and free-range chicken that contain no antibiotics or rBGH.
- A few of our coveted vendors are: Niman Ranch, Clover Dairy, Bassian Farms, Palo Alto Foods, Produce Express, Le Boulanger Breads.
- Our seafood is purchased according to the Monterey Bay Aquarium’s Seafood Watch guidelines.
At Epicurean Group our Café Manager Evelyn Barela, Chef Manager Roberto Espinoza and their team cook from scratch to prepare your student’s meals. We chose fresh, healthy ingredients, never processed food high in sodium, fat and sugar.
Food education is big part of what we do at St. Francis High School–educating your students is our primary goal. Our Go Greener! program provides tips to encourage environmental responsibility. We strive to eliminate food waste in St. Francis and in all our Cafes and Restaurants. We were recently awarded the 2017 Governor’s Environmental and Economic Leadership Award (GEELA) for waste management and reduction after diverting 60 tons from landfill in one year across the Bay Area.
We look forward to our continued partnership with St. Francis High School. We’d love to hear from you. Please contact us with any questions you may have about our food at Evelyn@epicurean-group.com or (916)452-3461 ext.262. For more information about our company and our sustainable practices, visit our website at www.epicurean-group.com.