Congratulations to the SFHS MUN team! During Veteran’s Day weekend the team attended the Stanford Model United Nations Conference. With both veteran and rookie members in attendance, the girls presented their research and perspective on specific topics, negotiated with other delegations, and met high school students from a variety of schools in California and beyond.
Additional congratulations to Kayla Wehner ‘17 for winning the distinction of Best Delegate in the Arab League, and to Anisha Rao ‘19 for an Honorable Mention in the International Council of Museums. Go Troubies!
Below is the complete list of team members and their assignments at SMUNC 2016:
- Sarah Ajise ‘17 – 111th US Senate: John Tester (D-MT)
- Grace Conlin ‘18 – Joint Crisis Committee-The Philippine Revolution: Jose de Lachambre
- Rose Giblin-Vance ‘20 – DISEC: Syria
- Sara Hadigian ‘20 – UN Women: Syria
- Lauren Kim ‘20 – Crisis-The Italic League: Isabella Orsini
- Yashmita Malhotra ‘19 – SAARC: Syria
- Claire McGreevy ‘19 – World Energy Forum: Syria
- Sydney Morgan ‘18 – Legal: Syria
- Amanda Ostrom ‘18 – South African Convention for Youth Empowerment: Lindiwe Ntsabo
- Anisha Rao ‘19 – Crisis-ICOM Museums and Universal Heritage: Leontine Meijer-Van Mensch
- Kayla Wehner ‘17 – Arab League: Syria
- Lauren Wilkins ‘18 – Crisis-Ukraine in Crisis: Ostap Semerak