St. Francis Celebrates Lady Bird!
And you’re invited! Join the St. Francis community for a one-of-a-kind Red Carpet Awards Party on Sunday, March 4, 2018 on campus. We’ll have our own red carpet so come out at 4:30 pm to experience the paparazzi and have your picture taken.
This is a unique opportunity to celebrate the success of Alumna Greta Gerwig ’02 and her Lady Bird film. At this year’s 90th Academy Awards, the film has been nominated in five categories including Best Picture, Best Actress, Best Supporting Actress, Best Original Screenplay and Best Director, with Gerwig becoming the fifth female to earn a Best Director nomination in the history of the awards! Can you say Troubie pride? You’ll definitely want to celebrate Lady Bird fever with fellow Troubadours.
For fun, you are encouraged to wear your best thrift store find, your favorite red carpet outfit or anything you are comfortable in. We will have a contest for best dressed and best thrift store prom dress.
There will be sliders and fries, tastes of local foods and beverages, movie treats, great conversation and fun games and surprise entertainment to keep our attendees engaged for the three-hour show. Tickets are $25 per person and include food and 2 drink tickets for beer and wine. Water, soda and coffee are free of charge. Additional tickets for beer and wine are $5.00 each.
- Clean out your closet and donate your old Prom Dress to our Prom Dress Donation Drive to benefit the Sacramento Public Library - For more details visit http://www.saclibrary.org/Home/Events/Prom-Drive
- Red Carpet area with Paparazzi and TroubieTV
- Several large 10 x 6 Foot photos from around Sacramento that were featured in Lady Bird including the Blue House.
- Local Media, ABC 10 and Channel 3 are confirmed.
- $25 covers food including appetizers, burger, fries and 2 drinks, ice cream from Gunther’s, popcorn and candy.
- Thrift Store Prom Dress Best Dressed contest