Since our founding in 1940 we have encouraged the education of the whole person by providing high academic standards, a Christian environment for spiritual development, a full range of athletics, fine and performing arts, numerous on-campus clubs, and a variety of social activities.
Our students come to us from more than 100 area schools, and five counties. In most years 100% of our graduates attend college, 90% choosing four-year institutions. Colleges recognize how well prepared and qualified St. Francis students are; the Class of 2019 collectively earned $23.6 million in college scholarships.
- Four-year all-female college preparatory high school
- Only Catholic high school in Sacramento affiliated with the Diocese of Sacramento
- First opened to students in 1940 on the 25th and K Street campus of St. Francis Elementary School
- Fully Accredited by the Western Catholic Education Association (WCEA) and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
- 4 Pillars of St. Francis High School are Faith, Excellence, Leadership & Service
- School Colors: Red and Gold
- School Mascot: Troubadours, a.k.a. “Troubies”
The All- Girl Advantage
How does an all-girls high school offer an advantage? Taking boys out of the classroom (but not out of the picture) allows St. Francis to create a unique learning environment and a community where girls take center stage and are encouraged to develop their own interests. Our safe and nurturing environment teaches girls to value themselves and their futures. We expect great things from our girls, and they exceed our expectations every day. Learn More about the All-Girls Advantage Here
The St. Francis Catholic High School experience is different from any other high school experience. SFHS has many events throughout the year that hold deep significance and meaning for our Troubadour community. With every passing year, a new class of Troubadours come to St. Francis to uphold the wonderful traditions that make SFHS unique. Find out more about our campus events and traditions HERE