We look forward to building more school spirit, beautifying the
campus and continuing this senior tradition here at St. Francis
Catholic High School. Seniors will be allowed to creatively paint
their individual parking space for the 2020-2021 school year.
This spot will be reserved for the individual student (this
space is only reserved for the student during regular school
hours, it is not for parents or anytime outside of the
regular school day). The proceeds will benefit the St.
- For a reserved Painted Space & parking permit =
- For a standard parking permit, no reserved
space, no painting = $80 [Spring & Fall semesters]
- For a standard parking permit, non reserved space, no
painting= $40 [Spring Semester only]
Parking permits with the Senior Painting option must be
purchased online on a first come first serve basis. Application
will open June 1, 2020 at 8:00am.
- The actual space design template submitted no later than July
12, 2020. All designs must be submitted on the
template. Senior Parking Template PDF.
- The designated painting day is TBD
- Students may personalize their parking spot by creating a
design that reflects their interests and/or shows school spirit.
Be creative. Designs must be approved by the Administration
prior to painting and cannot violate the tenants of the St.
Francis Catholic High School Student Handbook.
- Students will be notified via email if there is an issue with
the submitted design. It is the student’s responsibility to
confirm the notification (only if there is a design issue);
failure to confirm may nullify the design. Students must
follow this design exactly – no changes.
- Students will be asked to select their parking
zone on a first come, first served basis (registration is
time stamped), and each zone will close when full. Upon
arrival at 8:00 am on August 10th, students will choose
their specific spots within the preferred zone. An administrator
will be present if there is a concern over a specific space (it
all worked great this year, so problems are not expected). Refer
to attached schematic for designated zones. Download/
View: Parking Zone Schematic
What students will need to bring on painting day:
- Students will be required to supply their own paint. Standard
exterior house paint is to be used, all colors allowed (except
- A broom to sweep your area clear before you paint
- Chalk if you want to sketch your design before painting
- Ruler or tape measure to mark the boundaries of your design
- Buckets and/or small containers to mix your individual
- Paper towels, rags etc… to help clean up spillage.
- Paint brushes, rollers, trays, tape, stencils, trash bags and
any other painting supplies as needed.
- If it is a hot day, please wear a hat, bring lots of water
and sunscreen and portable shade/umbrellas.
Students may NOT bring:
- Reflective/fluorescent paint
- Spray paint
- Airless paint sprayers
- Glitter or clear coat (this becomes slippery when wet)
Painting must be 8” inside the borders of the parking space (4
inches of the white pre-designated lines and 4 inches of border
inside the white). If you are painting over a previously
painted spot you can use those borders as an outline.
You will be required to paint over the design at the end of the
year (prior to May 18, 2021). Students are required to
paint over their parking space (cover paint will be provided by
the school). Failure to do so will result in $100 fee and a
hold will be placed on your diploma/accumulation file until this
Revoking of painted spaces
The reserved and painted parking spaces is a senior privilege
rather than a right. Students are responsible for their spots.
If a student paints something inappropriate (violation of
the SFHS Handbook rules) on the spot, it will be painted over and
money will not be refunded. Students are responsible to
immediately notify the administration as to any vandalism of
*This is not considered a tax deductible