We look forward to building more school spirit, beautifying the campus and creating a new senior tradition here at St. Francis Catholic High School. Seniors will be allowed to creatively paint their individual parking space for the 2019-2020 school year. This spot will be reserved for the individual student (this space is only reserved for the student during regular school hours, it is not for parents or anytime outside of the regular school day). The proceeds will benefit the St. Francis Fund*.
- For reserved painting & parking permit = $250
- For a standard parking pass, no reserved space, no painting = $80 [Spring/Fall semesters]
- For a standard parking pass, non reserved space, no painting= $40 [Spring Semester only]
- Parking permits with the Senior Painting option must be purchased online on a first come first serve basis. Apply Here
- The actual space design template submitted no later than July 12, 2019. All designs must be submitted on the template. Senior Parking Template PDF.
- The designated painting day is August 10, 2019, 8am
- Students may personalize their parking spot by creating a design that reflects their interests and/or shows school spirit. Be creative. Designs must be approved by the Administration prior to painting and cannot violate the tenants of the St. Francis Catholic High School Student Handbook.
- Students will be notified via email if there is an issue with the submitted design. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm the notification (only if there is a design issue); failure to confirm may nullify the design. Students must follow this design exactly – no changes.
- Students will be asked to select their parking zone on a first come, first served basis (registration is time stamped), and each zone will close when full. Upon arrival at 8:00 am on August 10th, students will choose their specific spots within the preferred zone. An administrator will be present if there is a concern over a specific space (it all worked great this year, so problems are not expected). Refer to attached schematic for designated zones. Download/ View: Parking Zone Schematic
What students will need to bring on painting day:
- Students will be required to supply their own paint. Standard exterior house paint is to be used, all colors allowed (except Reflective/Fluorescent).
- A broom to sweep your area clear before you paint
- Chalk if you want to sketch your design before painting
- Ruler or tape measure to mark the boundaries of your design
- Buckets and/or small containers to mix your individual colors.
- Paper towels, rags etc… to help clean up spillage.
- Paint brushes, rollers, trays, tape, stencils, trash bags and any other painting supplies as needed.
- If it is a hot day, please wear a hat, bring lots of water and sunscreen and portable shade/umbrellas.
Students may NOT bring:
- Reflective/fluorescent paint
- Spray paint
- Airless paint sprayers
- Glitter or clear coat (this becomes slippery when wet)
Painting must be 8” inside the borders of the parking space (4 inches of the white pre-designated lines and 4 inches of border inside the white). If you are painting over a previously painted spot you can use those borders as an outline.
You will be required to paint over the design at the end of the year (prior to May 18, 2020). Students are required to paint over their parking space (cover paint will be provided by the school). Failure to do so will result in $100 fee and a hold will be placed on your diploma/accumulation file until this is completed.
Revoking of painted spaces
The reserved and painted parking spaces is a senior privilege rather than a right. Students are responsible for their spots. If a student paints something inappropriate (violation of the SFHS Handbook rules) on the spot, it will be painted over and money will not be refunded. Students are responsible to immediately notify the administration as to any vandalism of their spot.
*This is not considered a tax deductible donation.