St. Francis High School provides a school-issued Chromebook to every student to be used both at school and at home. Our Chromebook 1:1 program enhances the students’ overall learning and educational experiences, and supports learning in the classroom.
Objectives of the Chromebook Program:
- Achieve the 21st-century learning goals of critical thinking, communication, collaboration, and creativity
- Harness the power of Google Apps for Education
- Provide educational resources including app-based note taking and organization
- Facilitate student-centered work
- Inspire creativity and hands-on learning
- Engage students in their own learning
Upon graduation, students have an opportunity to keep their Chromebooks, free of charge.
The Federal Communications Commission has launched a temporary program to help families and households struggling to afford internet service during the COVID-19 pandemic. The Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) provides:
- Up to $50/month discount for broadband services;
- A one-time discount of up to $100 for a laptop, desktop computer, or table purchased through a participating provider.
A household is eligible if one member of the household:
Navigating the digital landscape with a teen is challenging and ever-changing. Here are some sites to support parenting in the digital age.
We strongly recommend purchasing supplemental insurance offered to our families at a discounted rate by Securranty Insurance. The policy is $34.95 per year with a $0 deductible. The option to purchase insurance for 2021-22 expires on September 30th.
The Class of 2022 J5 Chromebook is no longer covered under the manufacturer’s warranty. Supplemental insurance covers defects, accidental damage, theft, batteries, and chargers.
The Class of 2023 NL7T Chromebook warranty only covers manufacturing defects, not accidental damage. Supplemental insurance covers accidental damage, theft, batteries, and chargers.
Class of 2024 and Class of 2025 Dell Chromebooks have three years of extended warranties and accident coverage, but no theft coverage. Supplemental insurance covers theft, batteries, and chargers.
If you have any questions, please contact the Tech Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.