St. Francis High School provides a school-issued Chromebook to every student to be used both at school and at home. This program best fits the needs of our students today, enhances the students’ overall learning and educational experiences, and supports students and faculty in the classroom.
St. Francis is continuing to provide the excellent education that has been a hallmark of the experience at St. Francis. This program will equip our students with the knowledge and 21st-century tools they will need not only today but throughout their future educational pursuits and careers. The Chromebook is a tool that will help advance learning and make the educational experience, in and out of the classroom, a more dynamic one.
Objectives of the Chromebook Program:
- Achieve the 21st-century learning goals of critical thinking, communication, collaboration, and creativity
- Harness the power of Google Apps for Education
- Provide educational resources including app-based note taking and organization
- Facilitate student-centered work
- Inspire creativity and hands-on learning
- Engage students in their own learning
We recommend all students purchase Supplemental Chromebook Insurance.
Class of 2021 and Class of 2022: Purchase warranty coverage for the J5 Chromebook
Class of 2021 and Class of 2022 original warranty coverage for the J5 Chromebook are no longer covered under the manufacturer’s warranty. Securanty is offering a full extended warranty including battery and AC adapter, as well as accident and theft coverage for $22 per year with $0 deductible.