Student 1:1 Chromebook Program
St. Francis High School provides a school-issued Chromebook to every student to be used both at school and at home. Our Chromebook 1:1 program enhances the students’ overall learning and educational experiences, and supports learning in the classroom.
Objectives of the Chromebook Program:
- Achieve the 21st-century learning goals of critical thinking, communication, collaboration, and creativity
- Harness the power of Google Apps for Education
- Provide educational resources including app-based note taking and organization
- Facilitate student-centered work
- Inspire creativity and hands-on learning
- Engage students in their own learning
Upon graduation, students have an opportunity to keep their Chromebooks, free of charge.
Support for Parents in the Digital Age
Navigating the digital landscape with a teen is challenging and ever-changing. Here are some sites to support parenting in the digital age.
Supplemental Chromebook Insurance
We strongly recommend purchasing supplemental insurance offered to our families at a discounted rate by Securranty Insurance. The policy is $39.95 per year with a $0 deductible. For one low yearly cost, Securranty will cover loss, theft, accidental damage, and extend the manufacture warranty. The option to purchase insurance for 2022-23 expires on September 30th.
If you have any questions, please contact the Tech Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.