St. Francis High School provides a school-issued Chromebook to every student to be used both at school and at home. Our Chromebook 1:1 program enhances the students’ overall learning and educational experiences, and supports learning in the classroom.
Objectives of the Chromebook Program:
- Achieve the 21st-century learning goals of critical thinking, communication, collaboration, and creativity
- Harness the power of Google Apps for Education
- Provide educational resources including app-based note taking and organization
- Facilitate student-centered work
- Inspire creativity and hands-on learning
- Engage students in their own learning
Upon graduation, students have an opportunity to keep their Chromebooks, free of charge.
The Federal Communications Commission has launched a temporary program to help families and households struggling to afford internet service during the COVID-19 pandemic. The Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) provides:
- Up to $50/month discount for broadband services;
- A one-time discount of up to $100 for a laptop, desktop computer, or table purchased through a participating provider.
A household is eligible if one member of the household:
Navigating the digital landscape with a teen is challenging and ever-changing. Here are some sites to support parenting in the digital age.
We strongly recommend purchasing supplemental insurance offered to our families at a discounted rate by Securranty Insurance.
- The Class of 2022 J5 Chromebook is no longer covered under warranty.
- The Class of 2023 NL7T Chromebook warranty only covers manufacturing defects, not accidental damage.
- Class of 2024 and Class of 2025 Dell Chromebooks have three years extended warranty and accident coverage but with no theft coverage.
All Chromebook batteries and chargers have a one-year factory warranty but are covered under this Supplemental policy. The policy is $34.95 per year with a $0 deductible.
If you have any questions please contact the tech dept at firstname.lastname@example.org.