St. Francis High School provides a school-issued Chromebook to every student to be used both at school and at home. This program best fits the needs of our students today, enhances the students’ overall learning and educational experiences, and supports students and faculty in the classroom.
St. Francis is continuing to provide the excellent education that has been a hallmark of the experience at St. Francis. This program will equip our students with the knowledge and 21st-century tools they will need not only today but throughout their future educational pursuits and careers. The Chromebook is a tool that will help advance learning and make the educational experience, in and out of the classroom, a more dynamic one.
Objectives of the Chromebook Program:
- Achieve the 21st-century learning goals of critical thinking, communication, collaboration, and creativity
- Harness the power of Google Apps for Education
- Provide educational resources including app-based note taking and organization
- Facilitate student-centered work
- Inspire creativity and hands-on learning
- Engage students in their own learning
We strongly recommend the Class of 2021 and Class of 2022 purchase warranty coverage for the J5 Chromebook and the Class of 2023 purchase warranty coverage for the NL7T Chromebook. Class of 2024 Dell Chromebooks are under full warranty for the first year. All Chromebook batteries and chargers have a one year factory warranty but are covered under the Supplemental policy. Polices run $20 to $22 per year with $0 deductible.
If you have any questions please contact the tech dept at firstname.lastname@example.org.