Apply to SFHS
IF YOU HAVE ALREADY SUBMITTED YOUR APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION AND WOULD LIKE TO ACCESS YOUR PARENT PORTAL, PLEASE CLICK HERE AND ENTER THE LOGIN AND PASSWORD YOU CREATED WHEN YOU APPLIED.
Class of 2026 Admissions (current 8th grade students)
Thank you for your interest in joining the St. Francis Catholic High School Class of 2026! A complete application for admission consists of the following: (1) Online application for admission and $50 application fee, (2) Academic Record Report (transcripts and standardized test scores), (3) Principal, English and Math Recommendation Forms, (4) Pastor Recommendation Form (optional), (5) High School Placement Test, and (6) applicant video.
1. Application for Admission
Please click here to complete the application for admission. The application has sections for both parents and the student to complete. There is a $50 application fee, which includes administration of the HSPT. When completing the application for admission you will create a login that you will use to access your online parent portal for all the other steps in the admissions process. After submitting the application, please wait 24 hours for the application to process, then log in and proceed to Step 2. Applications are due by January 6, 2022.
2. Academic Record Report
Click here to download and print the Academic Record Request. Complete your information and sign for the release of transcripts and standardized test scores. Give the completed and signed form to your daughter’s current school; a school representative will then directly submit the requested documents to St. Francis High School.
3. Recommendation Forms: Principal, Math, English
After obtaining the email addresses for the applicant’s Principal/Counselor, Math teacher, and English teacher, sign on to the parent portal and submit the recommendation form to each recommender.
4. Clergy Recommendation Form (optional)
After obtaining the email address for the applicant’s pastor/minister/faith leader, sign on to the parent portal and submit the pastor recommendation form. Alternatively, you may click here to print out the Pastor Recommendation form and ask that your clergy member complete the form and return it to the St. Francis Admissions office. Families who choose not to submit the Pastor Recommendation Form will be asked on the application for admission why they wish for their daughter to attend a faith-based high school.
5. High School Placement Test (HSPT)
The HSPT will be administered on January 8, 2022 from 7:45 am to 12:00 pm. There will be a makeup HSPT (with limited seating) on January 15, 2022. You can sign up for the HSPT via the online parent portal, with the default test administration being January 8th.
If an applicant currently receives extended time for a documented learning difference, please email Lisa Wilkins at firstname.lastname@example.org to request extended time (+50%).
6. Applicant video
Please submit a short (30-90 second) video that answers the following questions:
(1) What are you most excited to experience in high school? Let us know who you are, what you love to do, and if there are new things you want to try in high school.
(2) Our SFHS schools pillars are Faith, Excellence, Leadership and Service. Please pick one of our pillars and describe what it means to you.
A few pointers for the Applicant Introduction Videos:
- Please say your name and the school you are currently attending at the beginning of your video.
- R-E-L-A-X and be yourself! You can be creative or traditional, straight-forward or silly. This is our opportunity to get to know what makes each future Troubie unique.
- There are no “right” answers to these questions — only your genuine responses!
- You can click here and here for sample videos.
Applicant Introduction Videos should be uploaded to the SchoolAdmin Parent Portal. If you have questions or are having difficulty creating or submitting your Applicant Introduction Video, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
7. Financial aid application
Please click here for more information on tuition and tuition assistance. An affiliated company (TADS) processes the financial aid applications. If you have any questions about financial aid, please contact the business office at (916) 737-5042. The application for financial aid opens October 11, 2021 and closes December 17, 2021.