Class of 2024
Welcome Troubies! We are so excited to welcome the Class of
2024 to campus this fall. Here is some important information for
our new Troubies:
Uniforms for St. Francis Students
- St. Francis High School is moving to a new uniform provider! We are excited to partner with Tommy Hilfiger School Uniforms, a company with fashion forward, high quality pieces at affordable prices.
- The SFHS uniform is getting an upgrade! The new uniform is VERY similar to our current style.
- Beginning with the 2020-2021 school year, uniforms will be purchased online through Tommy Hilfiger’s easy-to-navigate website (excluding the Fleece & Legacy jacket). Please note, the Fleece & Legacy jacket will be available in the Troubie Store.
- Returning students, new freshmen and transfers who have been given/purchased current uniform items can wear those as well. It is not necessary to purchase new uniform items if you have current uniform items. As we transition to this new platform, we will continue to offer our remaining uniform inventory while supplies last.
- Mark your calendars for an extra 10% off and free shipping on all Tommy Hilfiger online purchases June 22 through June 28, 2020.
- Please consult the before placing your order.
- We are here to help! Please contact Mirjana Nikcevic (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.
Summer Reading, Schedules & Textbooks
All incoming freshmen were sent an email to their Troubiemail account from Assistant Principal Mary Castellano on May 15th. Here is the important info from that message:
Schedule and Textbooks
In late June, you will be able to see your schedule for 2020-2021, on the PowerSchool Portal. You can purchase textbooks for your classes, based on the schedule posted online. We offer an online bookstore for your convenience. However, you can purchase your books from any site, as long as the ISBNs match exactly. The bookstore opens on July 8. Please be sure to read the instructions on the textbook spreadsheet to make sure you get the correct version of each book.
There is a summer reading packet that every freshman must read, and you will find the packet on the Summer Reading tab of our SF website. Information on your summer assignment can be found also be found here. Our online bookstore is already open for summer reading.
For some advanced math courses, there is also summer work. Please check to see if you have a summer assignment due the first week of school.
Physical and Final Forms Registration Information
The annual Sports Physical Night sponsored by the Booster Club that was scheduled for June 10th has been canceled due to the school closure and will not be rescheduled this year. Student-Athletes will still be required to provide an updated physical prior to the start of participation in all athletic activities starting with fall sports.
A SFHS physical form for the corresponding school year must be on file with the Athletic Director before conditioning and/or team tryouts begin. Students who do not have a completed current SFHS physical form on file with the Athletic Director will not be permitted to participate in an Athletics program and will be placed in Physical Education.
All Troubadour student-athletes also need to complete sports registration on Final Forms prior to participation. Physical forms are available on GoTroubies.com and may now be uploaded directly to the Final Forms website or may be turned in to Assistant AD for Sports Medicine Kelly Ketcham. Registration for Final Forms is available June 1 and should include school issued email.
Student-athletes will need to add their sport, update their information, have both the parent and student sign the appropriate forms and provide a physical, while incoming freshmen will create a Final Forms account and complete all required documents and provide a physical. For questions on the registration process, click here.
Athletics Summer Activities
St. Francis will not be conducting any organized sports activities, basketball or volleyball open gyms or any athletic camps (basketball, lacrosse, soccer, softball or volleyball) this summer due to the school closure and current stay-at-home orders. The CIF official Fall Sports start dates are August 3 for fall sports (cross country, golf, tennis and volleyball) and August 17 (Water Polo). St. Francis Fall tryout information for all teams will be announced at a later date.
The Preseason Cross Country Camp is scheduled for August 4-7. The status of the event and appropriate registration information will be announced when available.
Class of 2024 Student Council Process
Please complete the online application via this GOOGLE FORM. You must use your St. Francis High School email address for all communications; you received your SFHS email address via email in April. You will submit a Google Slides presentation at the bottom of your application. Presentations must include all of the following information:
- Three pictures of you – one of these photos must be your most recent school photo.
- State why you are running for Student Council.
- Explain what experience you have that will help you be an effective school leader.
- List which clubs/sports/activities you have been involved in while at your current school and which ones you plan to participate in next year at St. Francis High School.
- Use three words or phrases that describe you and an explanation of why they make you an excellent candidate for Student Council.
- State why you are excited to be a part of SFHS.
Class of 2024 Student Council Timeline
- Wednesday, June 24, 2020 – All freshman council applications, including Google Slide Presentations, are due by 4:00 pm.
- Wednesday, July 8, 1:30 – 4:30 pm OR Wednesday, July 15, 1:30 – 4:30 pm: Interviews for freshman class council candidates. You will be contacted to schedule your interview day.
Interview: Freshman Student Council selection
will be based on interviews and group team building activities
held with a panel of staff and students representing the
Associated Student Body at SFHS. These interviews will take place
on one of two days (your choice): July 8 or July 15 from
1:30 pm to 4:30 pm. You will be contacted to schedule your
interview day upon approval of your application.
- Monday, August 3, 2020: Mark your calendar! There will be an all-day mandatory workshop for all student council members.