All volunteers at St. Francis High School are required to comply
with the following Diocesan Requirements.
For the 2022-2023 school year, volunteers must have:
- MVP account under their individual name
- Be fingerprinted with the Sacramento Diocese
- Complete SafeHaven and submit certificate to
- Drivers/chaperones must meet all current driving
requirements (see details below)
Fingerprinting Clearance on file with the Diocese and reported to
SFHS. Because of California state law and to ensure the
safety of our students, St. Francis upholds the diocesan policy
that no adult may participate as a volunteer on campus or working
directly with students unless the adult has Live Scan fingerprint
clearance through the California District Attorney’s Office on
file with the Diocese.
- Find locations that
provide Live Scan service and print out a Live Scan Request Form for Finger Printing
- If you have already submitted fingerprint clearance to
another school in the Sacramento Diocese, you must transfer the
clearance to St. Francis by
completing the Request for Fingerprinting and/or Safe Haven
Records and submitting it to the St. Francis
- More information about the
Safe Haven Training
- Safe Haven is a 3 part video series with 3 short quizzes at
the end of each video. The entire training takes about an
hour to complete, which includes acknowledgement of our diocesan
- The training must be renewed every 3 years.
Safe Haven Instructions:
Volunteer Driver Requirements
Submit only if and when requested to do so by SFHS
Due to liability concerns, Diocesan policy states that parent
volunteer hours may not be earned by driving students to
All volunteer drivers must comply with the requirements listed
- Drivers must comply with all volunteer requirements:
Fingerprinting, Safe Haven training, MVP Account, and submission
of Driver Information Sheet, copy of driver’s license and
insurance declaration page (ID card is not sufficient).
- Drivers must be 25 years of age or older.
- Drivers must have a good driving history and must provide St.
Francis High School with a copy of a valid, unrestricted driver’s
license. Drivers may be subject to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
- The vehicle must have a valid and current registration and
- The vehicle must be insured for $100,000 per person/$300,000
per accident limit of liability for bodily injury; $50,000 for
property damage; $5,000 per person medical; and $100,000
uninsured motorist insurance.
- The vehicle must be equipped with working seat belts for the
driver and every passenger transported. The driver and
passenger(s) must use seat belts properly.
- No more than 9 persons, including the driver, may be
transported in a private vehicle.
- The driver shall observe all state driving regulations.
- Drivers shall follow route directions, caravan, or other
directions issued by the coach, teacher or adult in charge of the
- The driver, or a passenger in the vehicle, is encouraged to
carry a cell phone and the number of the school in case of an
- Volunteer Driver Form