2018 Swimming Highlights
- The St. Francis varsity placed fourth overall with just four swimmers scoring 93 points at the Sac-Joaquin Section Swimming Championships held at Tokay High School. Davis won the varsity title with 314 points followed by Granite Bay with 248 and Lodi with 165.
- The Troubadours advanced four swimmers in a combined four finals events and two relays. Sophomore Emma Peters had the best finish with a ninth-place in the 200y freestyle, while she finished 12th in the 100y freestyle. Junior Hannah Parulan reached the 200y individual medley final, finishing 15th overall. Sophomore Emma Hollenbach was 13th in the 100y breaststroke.
- St. Francis won the Frosh/Soph title for the second consecutive season, taking the Division I title in the new format that divided the meet into three different divisions.
- The Troubadours won two Frosh/Soph relay titles, taking the 200 individual medley and the 400 freestyle relays to garner huge points. Kendall Houck, Jaclynn Burgess, Laura Freeworth and Chloe Beebout combined to win the 200 IM relay, while Freeworth, Houck and Beebout joined Caroline Wilkins to take the 400y freestyle relay. The 200y free relay (Poarch-Twining, Marrugo, Daniels, Hoppa) finished ninth.
- Sophomore Kendall Houck was second in the 100y backstroke and third in the 200y individual medley, while sophomore Chloe Beebout touched second in the 500 freestyle.
- St. Francis finished second overall at the Delta League Championships.
- The varsity swimming honorees for most valuable swimmer included Emily Bartylla, Emma Hollenbach, Emma Peters, Hannah Parulan. The junior varsity selections for most valuable swimmer were Chloe Beebout (2nd year), Jaclynn Burgess, Kendall Houck (2nd year), and Emma Hollenbach (2nd year).
- Coach Levin named four Rookie of the Year for the their first-year contributions: Ana Twining, Ashley Magley, Maria Marugo Corvacho and Maddie Hoppa.
Sac-Joaquin Section Varsity Individual Finalists: 200y Medley Relay – 5. St. Francis (Parulan, Hollenbach, Peters, Bartylla), 1:53.27; 200y Free – 9. Emma Peters, 1:54.36; 200y IM – 15. Hannah Parulan, 2:14.34; 100y Freestyle – 12. Emma Peters, 53.14; 100y Breaststroke – 13. Emma Hollenbach, 1:08.14; 400y Free Relay – 5. St. Francis (Parulan, Hollenbach, Peters, Bartylla), 3:42.00.
Sac-Joaquin Section Frosh/Soph Individual Finalists: 200y Medley Relay – 1. St. Francis (Houck, Burgess, Freeworth, Beebout), 1:51.00; 200y Free – 8. Chloe Beebout, 2:00.24; 10. Caroline Wilkins, 2:01.60; 200y IM – 3. Kendall Houck, 2:13.78; 9. Madeline Hoppa, 2:19.36; 100y Butterfly – 5. Maria Corvacho Marruga, 1:00.85; 11. Laura Freeworth, 1:01.86; 15. Madeline Hoppa, 1:02.67; 100y Freestyle – 15. Caroline Wilkins, 56.24; 500 Freestyle – 2. Chloe Beebout, 5:16.76; 200y Free Relay –9. St. Francis, 1:45.57; 100y Backstroke – 2. Kendall Houck, 59.59; 5. Maria Corvacho Marrugo, 1:02.02; 7. Jaclynn Burgess, 1:02.77; 10. Laura Freeworth, 1:02.95; 400y Free Relay – 1. St. Francis (Wilkins, Freeworth, Houck, Beebout), 3:38.97.
Varsity Most Valuable Swimmer
- Emma Peters
- Hannah Parulan
- Emma Hollenbach
- Emily Bartylla
- Megan Seifert – Coaches Award
Junior Varsity Most Valuable Swimmers
- Laura Freeworth
- Kendall Houck
- Chloe Beebout
- Jaclynn Burgess
Rookies of the Year
- Ana Twining
- Ashley Magley
- Maria Marugo Corvacho
- Maddie Hoppa