Swimming Preseason Information
1. Season Start Date: Monday, February 6th
2. Season Goals: Win Varsity and F/S Sections; Win DL Champs -Stroke Improvement – Participation - Be Part of the Team – Team Spirit
3. Team Website – www.stfrancisswimming.com All St. Francis Swimmers are required to register on
the team site. If you do not register you will not be on the team. Registration must be completed
before participation on the team will be permitted.
4. Team Registration: sign up for the swim team on the team website. You are not on the team until you
register on the team website.
5. All Athletes must have a physical on file with the Athletic Department. These go to Kelly Ketchum – Not to Me. You will not be allowed in the water unless you have been cleared. Missing practice due to missing a physical will count as unexcused absences.
6. Home league meets, away league meets: 4 home/2 away
7. Non-league dual meets: Carondelet (April 12).
8. Invitational meets: Oak Ridge Invite Feb 24-25, Rio Invite – Mar 3-4, Nor-Cal Championships - March 31 – April 1 ,
9. Travel Meet: California Catholic School Challenge – Sacred Heart (Atherton) April 8th
10. Practice Dates: Monday – Friday -– No Black or Gold Practice on Friday
Feb: Red- 5:00-6:30pm, Gold – 6:30:00-7:30, Black – 6:30:00-7:30
March to May: Red- 6:00-7:30pm, Gold – 7:30:00-8:30, Black – 7:30-8:30
Friday Practice Subject to Change based on Jesuit Practice Schedule.
11. Attendance Policy: See Handout – Policy based per group.
12. School break: April 10 thru 21 – we not have any practice over spring break – USA swimmers are expected to maintain their USA practice schedule.
13. Delta League Champs: Swimming – @ Jesuit – Thursday and Friday April 27-28,
a. Sections: Swimming – @ Tokay – Thursday/Saturday, May 11-13
b. CIF State Championships: May 19and 20
14. Team swim suits, gear purchased through St Francis- Adidas will be the official team suit this year.
Team gear is being purchased through the school. The order form is due Feb 13 – No Late Orders will be accepted. Latex caps will be provided.
15. Emailing Coaches: Change subject heading if you are replying to an email I send out. Otherwise it gets filed away.
16. Team Website, Email, Facebook and Google Docs: All emails will be sent through your Troubie Mail or the team unify website; www.stfrancisswimming.com. Please check it out! Your parents can also sign up on the website. Looking for a Facebook Admin. Signing in and out of meets will be done through the team website now not the google docs like last year.
17. Parent Meeting Date: Wednesday, Feb 15 at St. Francis. In the Old Cafeteria
18. Coaches email: Richard Levin: firstname.lastname@example.org